Friday, November 10, 2017

Promised Dad to take of Care of Mom.

Mom is still here. I have learned so much from being her Caregiver since my Dad's passing several years ago. I still remember him everyday and I was going to tell stories about him here, but in some strange way I almost think they are too good for this small little blog. 

I wish we had talked more about my dad's time growing up in Italy. But I try not to have regret when I realize my Dad was always thinking of what needed to be done next. Add in the family pressure (mostly from my sibling and some from my dad) for me to go out into the world and do great things, I was inadvertently pushed away from the great things right in my own home, and that I probably will always regret.

I did not realize that the demons others had in their own relationship with my parents would secretly strive to alienate me from my own relationship with my parents. However, since my video business was a home based business, I created a world where I was truly busy with all of my video clients yet I saw my parents every day, yet probably never connected in regards to the lives they led when they were younger.

What my dad tried to forget his amazing life growing up in Southern Ital, I truly respect much more than most of what masquerades as being of superior importance in this day and age.

My momma was killed by an ER that would not treat her wheezing, instead calling it emphysema. She died in my arms three days later.  I have set up a tribute page on her behalf on facbook. If you ask to join this very special group you will discover a fascinating woman who was marginalized by the ER system in California right in front of her own son's horrified eyes.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...


I enjoy, cause I found exactly what I used to be looking for. You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye netflix member login